Pastor Sam Adeyemi Reveals Shocking Secrets

Sam AdeyemiIt’s an established fact that Daystar Christian Centre, headed by Pastor Sam Adeyemi is one of the most popular churches in Lagos with three services every Sunday. That’s not all, millions of people listen to his Success Power message on radio and television every week. But it all did not start on the bed of roses. Pastor Sam Adeyemi revealed some shocking secrets recently. Read on:
“I got the vision for Success Power International and Daystar Christian Center the same day. I remember calling few friends to share the vision with them. I started first on radio. Later, I began to talk to a few people about the church arm of the vision. On 18th November 1995, Daystar Christian Centre was inaugurated. The inauguration was an interesting period in itself in that we didn’t have a lot of resources and we could not afford the type of accommodation we were getting either; hotels, banquet halls or some duplexes were for between N200,000 and N250,000 per annum and they wanted us to pay for two (2) years. We were almost taking one small place on our street where we lived then, but we stopped because we had serious doubts in our hearts. Eventually, the inauguration was held at Eko Chinese Restaurant at 76 Allen Avenue on the 4th floor and people had to climb the stairs.
Interestingly, I was carrying along my radio audience, telling them about the transition that was happening in my life. We had quite a large crowd that day. Long after, it became a bit tough to pay the bills. I was on radio, paying N7,000 every week for the 15 minutes broadcast and then we were paying N13,000 per week for the use of the restaurant. Then the radio station doubled the rate for the broadcast, and we couldn’t cope. We took the broadcast off Raypower to OGBC 2. We needed some breathing space so we could keep on the church. However, we couldn’t afford to pay regularly for the restaurant. I remember clearly, the day I got to church in the morning and met the workers outside, they told me they were not allowed into the hall. I went in and spoke to the manager who was playing games with his friends in the hall we were supposed to use for our service. I told him to let us run the service and pay him after the service with the offerings but he refused. Eventually, we reached a compromise: our service was between 9am and 11am but he said he would take his money at 10am. I felt once we had started service, this man would not be able to stop us. Ten minutes to 10 o’ clock, an usher came with a message that the man was threatening to shut down the generating set. Rather than take offerings at the end of the service, I took over the service, took the offerings and quickly counted it and gave him his money. After three months, we knew we had to move.
We then moved to Coker village, Alausa which was mistaken for one in Iganmu area. So when people wanted to come to our church and board taxis, they took them somewhere else in Lagos. It was so remote; people didn’t know it was there, even okada riders didn’t know the place. It was a dirty environment; a rundown building. Each time I went to church, there was muddy water all around and people sharing the building with us would sometimes play loud music during our service and we would plead with them to stop the music. The most interesting one was the aroma that came from the food; particularly the smell of beans that would wax through the atmosphere. One sister said that she knew when they put magi in the stew that was being made”.